Friday, December 3, 2010

Here.We.Come.


I think it is becoming real enough to post now. 25 days away..yes ok, real enough to post. 

Though it seems almost impossible to grasp right now, in 25 days Brendan and I will be leaving for Pohang Korea, where we will teach english to 5 year olds, eat tons of new food, hike mountains, visit temples, meet new people and oh, live 5 minutes from the beach. Everything else is TBD. Our journey getting here began months ago, years for me. Just thinking of going, reading tons online, talking to people who've done it, filling out applications, interviewing, interviewing, interviewing, getting docs notarized and apostilled, and graduating has taken months and months..and here we are. 

There is so so so much to do in the next couple of weeks...organization is key. But don't worry, you know I've got that down. (Thanks Mom) Besides all the planning, packing and preparing we are doing, I'm thinking of the goodbyes more than ever. Before now, leaving was always so abstract, I could brush away the goodbye scenes playing in my head more easily, now they're just creeping on up me. I know, it's just a year and it'll be so awesome and go by so fast. We'll come back and it will be like we were never gone, but I can't help to think of the things I'll miss..especially two very special births and the growth of both babies. I'm not worried, I plan to skype enough for them to recognize me when I get back! :) This blog will keep us connected with our family and friends, we'll post photos and tell you about our new life here. Also, don't forget about e-mail and skype!!!! We will be taking turns posting. Also, feel free to comment on our posts, it will make us smile :)

Love. 

p.s here's where we'll be








No comments:

Post a Comment