Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween! Happy Birthday!

Yesterday was Halloween and Lia Teacher's Birthday! Halloween in Korea, like many other things, isn't like Halloween at home. The holiday isn't really celebrated here. But we did get to party at Kid's College and the day ended up being a success. We took the kiddies trick or treating to some local stores and pharmacies, yes pharmacies. We also had cooking, arts and crafts and pumpkin carving. 

Having a Birthday on Halloween when you work in a school for little Korean munchkins is just as fun as you'd think it is. After the work day was over, Brendan treated me to dinner and an ice cream Birthday cake from Baskin Robins! I also got to skype with my grandparents, mama and sister, and baby cousins who all sang Happy Birthday! I really missed you guys for this one but am so grateful for the emails, text messages, skype calls, and gifts I received. How lucky am I to feel all that love so far away!

Our apartment is filled with cakes, pastries, gifts and Birthday goodies. I like to be surrounded with boxes and left over treats for a few days following my Birthday, it makes the place feel so warm and lovey.  My biggest problems now are figuring out how to fit the giant cake Smile got me into the freezer and where to put everything. I'd say those aren't bad problems to have. 

Missing you always. Thanks again for all the love. 



I was a princess this year. 


Sally and Alice. Both princesses as well. Quite the popular costume. Who woulda thought? 


My Sally. 

I had to post both. 

Getting hooked up at the pharmacy!

Bin. I liked his glasses. 

Cake from Smile. Don't mind the almost naked, fluffy Korean boy behind us. 

Punk.

Dinner 

Baskin Robins!!

Brendan is going to kill me when he sees I posted this. Birthday hat, tiara, glasses AND boa! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh - I am crackin' up out loud. Brendan look slike Elton John gone wrong.
    You look adorable along with the kiddies too. Love, Ma

    ReplyDelete