Thursday, March 3, 2011

Much Love

Last night I dreampt I was cuddling with a bunch of dogs. Weird, huh? ...Let me explain.
I miss my dog. I miss my mom and dad and sister. I miss my grandparents. I miss my family and Brendan's family. Until now, my "homesickness" has been coming and going in  manageable waves.  Then I got sick, while passing the 2 month marker and was pulled into the undertow. This ain't no few weeks of vacation...

I don't want to whine. I made the decision to experience a year without familiarity, but sometimes it's just hard being away from your hugs. I am always reminded of why I chose this and I never regret doing so. I knew it would hurt sometimes, and here it is. Over the past couple years, I've really grown to understand the importance of family. I now understand more than ever before. To all of my family and friends who have been there for me throughout the years, especially my elders- mom and dad, grandparents, aunts and uncles,  thank you for everything. All the Birthday calls, presents, family dinners and parties, I love you's, advice and endless other things. I probably never said thanks enough so here I am.

I wish you could all come here at the same time for a vacation :) This year will go by super fast, already 2 months have passed!!! Please do not worry (Mom :) I am totally fine just missing all my peeps in the big M.

No comments:

Post a Comment